Thursday, January 3, 2013

So, it turns out that the more active Mom is, the more active kiddos are.  Imagine that, kids fall into parents' lifestyle.  NY Resolution confession #2:  I'm trying to get back to healthy eating and exercise.  So I committed to the 100 Day Challenge with John "The Penguin" Bingham.  I went to the gym today, 2nd day in a row, for the first time since [ever] - or at least since I had kids. 

Yesterday, we went to family swim and afterwards they begged for me to exercise so they could go to the play area at the gym... really?  Cool.  Today, I was going to sneak out to the gym while kids stayed w/ hubs and play on the computer or watch "a show".  Nope, they begged to go with me so they could play.  The play area at the gym has toys, a mini basketball court, a craft area, a super cool slides/ climbing area and even a computer area.  At first I thought they just wanted to go there to sit at the computers and they do that a little but mostly they're crazy about the climbing / slides and playing basketball - yahoo!

Earlier today we went to Boot's first skating lesson, which turned out to be Boot and Toot's first skating lesson.  She was apprehensive to say the least, but I'm very proud of her because she did it.  We were fighting with Toot to keep him off the ice, and the lady at the registration table said "Why don't you let him try?"  We did, and he loved it.  Inside I'm jumping up and down shouting "woo hoo!!  woo hoo!!" - but I want to let them make their own choices.

Anyway, after that we went to McDonald's Play Place for lunch and they were climbing fools for over an hour.

Obsessed with my kids being active?  Yes.  Obesity is an epidemic in our culture and both my family and hubs family are prone to it.  I want to give them the best shot possible at being healthy people and not have to fight the life-long battle I have.  Now if I could just get them to eat a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment